Our Privacy Statement
We collect personal information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure and Consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with New Zealand’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and disclose personal information about you for those purposes.
CRB means credit reporting body. New Zealand Childcare Finance and Childcare Finance means Fifo Capital New Zealand Limited. Childcare Finance is a trading name of Fifo Capital New Zealand Limited. We, us and our means all and any one or more of Fifo Capital New Zealand Limited. You means each person who signs below. Words which are defined in Government legislation relative to privacy disclosure have the same meaning in this form.
Privacy Disclosure Statement
We collect personal information about you:
- to determine whether we should provide a facility which includes the provision of commercial credit to you and, if we decide to provide it, to assist in the provision of the facility. This includes the assessment of the application, managing the account, deciding whether we will accept an offer to purchase a debt, recovering money and dealing with security you give; or
- to determine whether we should provide a facility which includes the provision of commercial credit to a company with which you are associated (for example as a director or shareholder) and to assist in the provision of the facility. If a guarantee may be given we are collecting the personal information to determine whether we should accept it and, when it is given, we collect the personal information to deal with or enforce our rights under the guarantee and any security which may be given to secure it.
The main consequence for you if all or some of the personal information is not collected by us is that we may be unable to process your (or the company’s) application, we may decide not to provide a facility or we may decide not to accept an offer to purchase a debt.
We may collect personal information about you from someone other than you. The personal information could be collected from the company we have provided or may provide a facility to, CRBs, brokers and other introducers, and public registers.
We usually disclose personal information to a CRB; government authorities and others as required or authorised by law; your broker or other introducer; our and your legal, financial and other adviser or representative; persons (such as mailing houses, mercantile agents, archivers, valuers and call centre operators) who provide a service to us; insurers and underwriters; financiers and parties to a securitisation arrangement; a potential or existing guarantor; a person who owes a debt which we have purchased (or have a security interest in) in connection with a facility we provide and that person’s advisers; and a body corporate which is related to us. One entity included in the definition of “we” may disclose personal information to another entity included in that definition. Generally we do not disclose personal information to a person overseas although we may do so in some circumstances, such as if a related body corporate, guarantor or debtor is overseas.
By filling in an online forma and giving us your information you consent to:
- a CRB disclosing any credit reporting information, other than repayment history information and credit reporting information which is derived from repayment history information, to us, at our request, for a commercial credit related purpose;
- us collecting your personal information from someone other than you;
- us, if we have provided credit to you or you have applied to us for credit, disclosing credit eligibility information to a person for the purpose of that person considering whether to offer to act as a guarantor in relation to the credit or to offer property as security for the credit;
- us disclosing credit eligibility information about you to a person who is a guarantor in relation to credit provided by us to you or has provided property as security for that credit;
- us disclosing personal information about you to another credit provider so long as the information is either not about your activities in relation to consumer credit or is credit reporting information. You also consent to us obtaining information of that type from another credit provider. The disclosure or obtaining must be for the purpose of assessing an application made by a person for commercial credit;
- you consent to us or any organisation we authorise using or disclosing information (other than sensitive information) about you for the purpose of direct marketing. The Act imposes restrictions on that use and you will, in particular, have an opt-out right; and
- us sending electronic messages to you. If you are not the person to whom we provide commercial credit you also consent, on behalf of that person, to us sending electronic messages to that person.
If you provide personal information to us about any other individual you will ensure that all legal requirements for that provision have been satisfied.
Your consents and obligations continue until we have agreed to you revoking them.
We can be contacted by email to [email protected] or by letter posted to, PO Box 137375 Parnell, Auckland 1052. Phone 0800 777-559.